If you are experiencing hard water issues you probably have hard water in your area. Adding a water softener can eliminate all such water issues like clogging pipes, damaging appliances, whitish films on utensils, spots on tiles and faded clothing. Oh, wait! Also, hair and skin problems will be solved. Water is considered hard when calcium and magnesium are present in high amount. So from past years salt-based water softeners were in trend even today they are preferred but there are few downsides like:
- Adding salt: Around 5olbs of salt is required to operate salt based systems.
- Water wastage: Salts in water softeners have to be backwashed to remove minerals that have been accumulated in resin beds.
- Drainage system closeby: After backwash water containing minerals has to be drained off. If there is no proper drainage system it is quite challenging to install a water softener.
- Electricity Required: Power is needed for operating systems that is an additional cost for the home.
Also, some of the best water softener systems mentioned here are tried and tested so that you get the best according to the water conditions.
Why Salt-Free Water Softener System?
A salt-free water system is a green alternative that is good for you as well as the environment. The technology naturally conditions the water and prevents scaling without the use of chemicals or backflushing. That leads to saving on utility and electricity bills. Also, water wastage is nil so no salts have to be discharged hence we can call it an eco-friendly product.
Salt-free water softeners are today’s choice and many organizations have switched to these for saving the planet. These are tried and tested so there are no issues before and after installation. They work on Template Assisted Crystallization (TAC) that transforms minerals in nanoparticles that are harmless.
Advantages of Salt-Free Water Softener Systems:
- No Space Issues: generally salt-based water systems are bulky. These are small and can be fitted even in compact spaces. They can be fitted in outdoors or indoors as per your convenience.
- Eco-friendly: We have understood the importance of Mother Nature as it does not work on electricity nor any water wastage is there it is a good option.
- Monitor Sodium Intake: It works on TAC that does not require sodium for minerals removal so people advised to take low sodium diets can go with these freely.
- Eliminate Chemicals: No chemicals and no salts so living healthy is easy now with salt-free systems.
- Minerals in Water: We all know minerals are also important for our body so if you wish to retain a minimal amount of minerals that are beneficial for our body pick these systems.
- Save Money: As we know other systems require electricity, salt or any type of chemicals for the process also more water. Everything cost you money. The salt-free system uses less salt no electricity and less water wastage so save your energy and water bill.
- Save Appliances: Fewer repairs. Hard water damages appliances and demands constant repairs that are costly when it is about large appliances. This technology extends appliances life and keeps them safe from water damages.
Hope you learned the benefits and know the difference between salt based and salt-free systems. Additionally, you know now why salt-free water softeners are trending and why they are preferred. So if you are thinking to buy a water softener pick salt-free systems. If you have any doubts write to us.